Monday, November 15, 2010

Pin It

Easy Shrimp

I'm stuck at the house today. Leg injury. This involuntary immuration is driving me to the edge of sanity. It's a beautiful day, not a cloud in the stunning blue heaven that arcs above. Yet here I am, confined to the couch and those places I can reach in short, zombie-like shuffles. But I take comfort in this fact: Today is better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better yet.

I'm not an optimist, you understand: I just refuse to be sick.

Standing to cook, though, is a pain. So I rummaged through the fridge, pulled out a bag of boiled shrimp (Louisiana style, naturally), and piled them on a plate. I tipped about a tablespoon of sea salt on the plate, ground some black pepper on it, and squeezed lime juice over the little pile.

Peel a shrimp, dip it in the mixture, and pop it. Easiest lunch in a week.

3 comments:

michael said...

That's what I loved about living in San Diego; you could eat a day or two being laid up indoors, but you could always bank on a nice day right around the corner. Really used to love OB this time of year.
Shrimp look great by the way.

Matthew Rowley said...

They were good, Michael — the perfect light lunch. I've got half a mind to crank out another batch just so I can have leftovers.

Today's another (predictably) beautiful one, so once lunchtime rolls around, I'm headed to the bamboo grove off the patio with a book. It's not OB, but I'll take it.

Unknown said...

Get better soon, so you can enjoy that mild weather for the rest of us!